Ahhh, birthdays. Last year I didn't want to celebrate 30 and it turned out to be a lovely laid back day. The year before I was freaking out about turning 29 because it was my last birthday before 30 and I was planning to never celebrate a birthday again. Yesterday I turned 31 and it was pretty blah. I decided that as you get older, birthdays become less and less glamorous. I'm not saying I didn't have a good day. I'm just saying birthdays are blah when you're IN your 30's. More like just another day rather than an extra special day. (I keep wondering if this will get better or worse once I have kids to celebrate with...starting next year...but I think it will just get crazier.) ANYWAY, I celebrate by sleeping in (of course), taking my time getting ready for the day, getting a free birthday drink from Starbucks (decaf don't worry), getting a manicure and my first pre-natal massage, a yummy snack and then relaxing at home while I waited for Spencer to get home from work. When he arrived, I opened my present from him which included chocolate covered strawberries (which I had been craving but never really told him about so points for him!), and then we headed to Mt. Charleston (with Tank) for a romantic evening away. Our cabin was cute and cozy, there was snow, our dinner was delicious and we fell asleep to a roaring fire in our room. It was lovely. This morning we woke up to see the snow in the daylight, had a nice breakfast at the lodge and headed back home. Overall a great celebration if I do say so myself.








Special thanks to my sweet hubby and all my family and friends who called, texted, sent cards, facebook messages, emails, etc. Love you all very much!
1 comment:
Sounds better than blah! I get what you mean, though. As we get older birthday celebrations aren't as much of a big bash, but more like a chance to feel special and a bit pampered for a day.
Post a Comment