Sunday, December 9, 2007

Snow!

Never in a million years would I have guessed that once I got away from snow I would actually willingly go looking for it. But that is what we did today. Spencer and I both had the day off so I planned a little date to Mt. Charleston.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Las Vegas' elevation is something like 2,200 ft. Mt. Charleston, a 45 minute drive away from our apartment, is at 7,650 ft. There was also a temperature difference of about 10-15 degrees. So we went from sunshine and desert to clouds and snowfall! And it was GREAT! It was like we were in a completely different state. Because we DEFINITELY weren't in Las Vegas anymore!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I even made a snow angel
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

While Spencer laughed at me a little bit
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


We had great time!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And the sun was beginning to set as we drove home so it was just beautiful!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


And when we got home, we finished off our adventure the way every adventure in the snow should finish...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Hot Cocoa!

1 comment:

The Process said...

Can I come and visit please? Those mountains look so nice!