Saturday, December 13, 2008

Good Friends!

They say good friends are hard to find and I have often learned this lesson the hard way! When I moved to Las Vegas I had just recently been burned by some people I considered good friends so I didn't plan on making many friends when I got here. I have come to realize that it is better to have just a few really good, close friends rather than a whole bunch of so-so friends. It turned out that Las Vegas wasn't planning on me making many friends here either. Its a weird place that is surprisingly hard to meet people, and good people at that. I'm not being judgmental or negative just because I'm not a huge fan of this city. I have talked to several people who have moved here from other places and they all agree that people are just different here and that its really hard to make friends. And that's really ok with me. Don't get me wrong, I HAVE met some nice people and I HAVE made some friends, but just a few I would consider good friends. And having fewer makes the ones you have all that much more special and important to you. So its really sad when one of the good friends you have moves away (though understandable, since I don't like Vegas!) So it was so wonderful for me to get a chance to have lunch with Sandy today while she was in town from Texas for a wedding. I met her at The Dolphin Habitat and together we bonded over our miserable-ness there. She is a great friend and I miss her now that she's not here! Thanks for making time to have lunch with me Sandy! I had such a fun time! :)

No comments: