Thursday, December 18, 2008
Quilt!
Mom just opened her Christmas present with me on the phone, so now I can finally post this blog and pictures. On December 8, I finished my first sewing project with my new sewing machine and my first sewing project in about 10 years!!! I probably shouldn't have started off with one of the hardest possible projects, something I've NEVER done before, but I had an idea for a Christmas gift for my mom and wanted to do it! I had no business making a quilt if you ask me, but after much blood, sweat, and tears, and a lot of help and encouragement from Spencer, and many trips to JoAnn Fabrics and Walmart, and a phone call or two to Grandma, the quilting pro, for help, I finished my mom's photo quilt! The whole time I was making it, I was picturing this uneven wreck as a finished product, but it actually looks like a quilt! I'm actually really proud of it! It is by no means perfect, but even so, she has to love it. Its like when you're a kid and you give your mom a macaroni card or a noodle necklace for Christmas right?! Sooo...here it is:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment