Getting Ready...The Groom's Side...
*Written by the groom himself, Spencer! :)
The morning of the big day, needless to say, i was quite excited, a little hesitant that the weather might not cooperate, but overly optimistic that the day would turn out perfect come hell or high water.
The boys and I (Edmund, Stefan, Alan, Adam, Matt) planned an excursion to the aquarium down the street over a leisurely breakfast at Georgie's. We made it down and spent a good few hours wandering the exhibits and staring at the sky hoping the sun would win out over the clouds. Around 1pm or so, we headed back to the hotel, stopping for a quick bite at the ever glorious Taco Bell. (I knew that taco bell guarantees a good marriage when consumed 4-6hrs prior to the wedding ceremony) Once back at the hotel I took the two hangers holding my wedding clothes, (they were covered with a bag to protect them) and Edmunds shirt and pants, down to Michelle who had very graciously offered to iron them for us. Fifteen minutes later i get a call from Michelle.
She said, "Heather says bring your clothes down so I can iron them too." I informed her I already had, they were with Edmunds, Oh no I must be wrong, they aren't there. Well needless to say my heart stopped, frantically wondering if I had time to go hit the high end Walmart clothes section before the wedding started, I said "Are you sure they aren't there, they are covered in a plastic bag, on two hangers, I handed them to you along with Edmunds" ...... silence, then "oh, yeah, here they are".
Happily that was the biggest crisis of the day, and a few minutes later, dressed in my pressed and definitely not missing clothes,
I was ready to hit the beach, talk our Magnificent Host Dan through his duties and make sure the Rev was all micced up and ready to go. Just a few short hours later and I was married to the woman who makes me the happiest man alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment