Week 2!
Joanna and Derek ~ Jive ~ Ok, first of all I must comment on Joanna's NASTY GROSS ICKY hair extensions...ew. As for the dancing, she kind of looked like she struggled to keep up with Derek at times, but she definitely tried. More importantly she looked like she was having FUN! She gets a vote from me!
Natalie and Alec ~ Quickstep ~ Anyone who can do this dance and not trip over their own two feet gets points in my book, but her footwork looked pretty clean. Her nerves and her tension from last week came back though, and if I could see it, I'm sure the judges and everyone else saw it as well. I still like her dancing though. She's just fun to watch. She gets my vote!
Chuck and Anna ~ Tango ~ Going into this I suspected the Tango might be the perfect dance for an ultimate fighter like Chuck, but that was THE MEANEST Tango I've ever seen! I didn't notice too much negative about his actual dancing...perhaps because I was too scared. He is MUCH improved from last week for sure!
Melissa and Mark ~ Jive ~ Melissa needs to sharpen her moves a little bit...she seems tired or something, especially those arms and kicks. She DEFINITELY looked like she was having a hard time keeping up with Mark but she also looked less nervous than last week and like she was having more fun, which seems to be the theme this week. I didn't see much overall dance improvement from last week, but the judges did, which is ok with me because I love Mark Ballas! :) And as Mark and his partners always do, they got my vote!
Michael and Anna ~ Quickstep ~ He was smooth when he was supposed to be smooth and quick when he was supposed to be quick and best of all he had the BEST expression on his face the entire time and it looked like he was having SO MUCH FUN! I loved watching him this week which is more than I can say for last week. Much improved and way more entertaining! He gets my vote!
Debi and Maks ~ Tango ~ Maks always seems to fight with his partners, so the Tango is a good dance for these 2. It was pretty cheap that he did a Roxanne rendition similar to the one in Moulin Rouge when Baz Lourman was the guest judge, but regardless, Maks had cool choreography and more importantly, Debi absolutely NAILED everything about it. She did awesome and got a vote from me!
Louie and Chelsie ~ Jive ~ LOVED IT! Louie was less nervous and was having so much fun on the dance floor...or at least it looked like it! He stumbled a little and didn't always stay with the beat of the music he was dancing to, but overall he did GREAT! And he's still cute! He gets my vote!
Aaron and Karina ~ Quickstep ~ As much as this kid annoys me, and as much as the muppet show nonsense mixed in with their routine annoyed me, he hit EVERY step almost perfectly, held on to Karina perfectly, and didn't seem to fall behind in the quick stepping steps at all. And his face lit up the entire time! PERFECT! As much as I hate to do it...I gave him not one, but TWO of my votes!
Kelly and Louis ~ Tango ~ This girl is an EXCELLENT dancer! She broke her seriousness once and smiled but I think that's just because she was having fun. I'm not technical enough to see the mess-ups that she knew she did and that the judges saw (and that were the real reason for her breaking character and giggling/smiling during the routine), and the ending was a little awkward, but I still really liked it and I definitely want to see more of her dancing, so she gets my vote!
Kathy and Tony ~ Quickstep ~ While she was much improved from last week, there's still something awkward and timid about her and her dancing that rubs me the wrong way. And I still can't stand her in general, so NO VOTE from me! (Hey, I never said I ALWAYS judged fairly...but they are MY votes and this is MY blog! S0 there!)
Mark and Lacey ~ Quickstep ~ For some reason, I knew this guy would be good at the Quickstep! It must be all that karate kicking he does! And his facial expressions were awesome! He put a smile on my face so I put a vote in his box! :)
Mya and Dmitry ~ Jive ~ She's an INCREDIBLE performer! I loved everything about this performance! She did the best tonight by far (and everyone did really well!), so she got two votes from me!
Tom and Cheryl ~ Tango ~ Definitely not as fun as last week's Wild Thing performance, but he isn't bad at all! However, there is something awkward about his stance. Maybe its his bum foot, which made him fall at the end of his routine, bummer. There's something about him that makes me not want to vote for him (probably that he's a politician), but I have to! He's surprisingly decent!
Donny and Kim ~ Jive ~ I didn't like his Jive as much as I liked Mya's, but it was still excellent and a lot of fun! He got my vote. Uh oh...I think I'm becoming a Donny Osmond fan! YIKES! The competition really stepped it up for Week 2! Everyone improved since last week and its a really close race. Its hard to predict who might go home tomorrow night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it is Kathy Ireland. And not just because I don't like her...I do believe she was the least improved of all the performers tonight and I don't think she has it in her to continue with the rest of them. We'll see tomorrow night though!
No comments:
Post a Comment