Sometimes I just make a hash of it.
My wife is a truly amazing person. Its easy to say it, but hard to show it. Most everyone knows her as the perfect friend, always happy to listen or talk, offer advice, help a cause, take time from her life for other people. Heather is probably the most selfless person i've ever met. It overwhelms me and sometimes makes me even a little jealous, i've never been good at maintaining communication with people who live far away, or even those who live close, yet she manages to make it seem easy and enjoyable and I am so impressed with her dedication to the greater good of EVERYONE around her.
She has been extremely dedicated to helping her father recently, even spending a little over 2 weeks back in her home town to help make everyones life a bit easier. It certainly wasn't an easy time for either of us, and many people were very supportive and helpful during this time and it helped make it much easier. I however was fairly short sighted in the affair, I forget sometimes that support, love and compassion should be expressed often whether seperate or not. Distance never matters, and it should be recognized that there is never a wrong moment to tell someone how much they mean to you.
Heather has always gone out of her way for everyone in her life, and put herself out in situations she is not always comfortable with simply because she wants to make people happy. She deserves to know how much that is recognized and appreciated, how much it makes people love her, and how much she means to everyone, me especially. Sometimes expressing ones feelings happens to late to make a difference, and sometimes they aren't expressed enough. I usually fall into the second category, rarely expressing myself well, if at all. I'm not entirely sure why, as most people know i'm always dreaming of a future, or big plans or some wish I have. The reality is that when I do that I tend to forget what I have with me at the moment, and I can be careless, thoughtless and even arrogant in that sense. I tend to make casual statements that come out sounding all wrong. I find it hard sometimes to express myself verbally or physically, in a way that doesn't sound selfish, arrogant or rude. I wish I could be more like my wife in that way, she is so good at sharing her thoughts, feelings and puts other peoples feelings and sensitivities before her own. It is these traits which are going to make her an incredible mother, I cannot wait to have a child with her as i know no other way to show just how much I love her and our life together.
I am incredibly lucky to have this woman in my life, August 15th 2009 was the best day of my life, and the resulting relationship will always be the number one thing in my life. I am so committed to being with this woman, sharing my life, my dreams and my happiness with her. The reality is she is my happiness, she does everything for me, and I hope that even though I've recently fell short, one day I can live up to the standards she exemplifies.
The truth is that Heather O'Neill has given me everything I could ever ask for in life, and I've come to understand what is important in our relationship is the trust between us and that I do what I can to make her happy, and recognize that everything else is actually better then I thought, that I need to just lighten up and go with it.
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always preserves".
Some people will recognize that quote, it sums up perfectly the way Heather is, always open and always loving. I am the luckiest guy in the world to be matched to her, and I hope forever that I can keep her happy and trusting in me.
-Me

No comments:
Post a Comment