Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fleetwood Mac!

As most of you know, I'm pretty passionate about music. My favorite is from the oldies and classic rock genre, thanks to my Mom's tunes being forced upon me when I was growing up. Ironically, she doesn't like that music anymore, and I love it more than ever. Up until tonight, I had seen ALL of my favorite bands in concert except for 2....Fleetwood Mac and of course, The Beatles (which I will never see, but can always shoot for Paul McCartney). I have seen Stevie Nicks in concert, but not Fleetwood Mac. In February, Spencer scrounged up our extra cash (Hahahahaha...extra cash...) and bought me tickets to see Fleetwood Mac. He even bought one for himself so I wouldn't have to go alone. In the past 4 months, I have forced him to listen to their 2-disc Greatest Hits album in the car so that he would be well educated and well-prepared for the concert....which (FINALLY!) was tonight!

I took the day off just so I could be sure I
was not late to the concert or had to go through the trouble of switching shifts or anything like that. I had lots planned for my day...laying out, wedding stuff, etc....none of which I got done...it just started out as "one of those days". Then Spencer called me and said we should go out to dinner before the concert. I liked this idea. We decided to go to Nora's Italian Restaurant. But the wait when we got there was 45 minutes. We didn't have time for that. So we went elsewhere...lots of elsewheres....and everything was just under an hour to wait. We didn't have that kind of time. I was FRUSTRATED and starting to get MAD! (Mostly because I hadn't eaten since a bowl of a cereal this morning.) Finally we decided that all we had time for was the food court at the MGM Grand. So when we got inside, even the line for the food court was FOREVER LONG! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Our romantic dinner before the concert turned into a McDonald's picnic in the hallway behind the theater at the MGM Grand.I was sure after the kind of day I seemed to have been having, that something was going to go wrong and there wouldn't be a concert, but sure enough there was. It was an almost 3 hour concert with 2 encores and it was INCREDIBLE. I had read a lot of reviews about this concert saying that due to their sordid past, the band didn't seem unified, that Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham barely acknowledged each other on stage, and that Stevie Nicks seemed timid and not that excited to be there. Everything was the opposite of what I read! They seemed to be having a BLAST together. Stevie and Lindsey made eye contact, held hands, hugged, kissed and even got emotional about one another's songs, and they were all there to party, including Stevie! They sang all my favorite songs and did other songs so incredibly that it made me appreciate them more than I had before. Storms, Silver Springs, and Gold Dust Woman were my favorite! :) Lindsey Buckingham is quite the guitarist...I was thoroughly impressed by him. It was AWESOME!
Waiting for the concert to start:
They opened with "Monday Morning"
"Gold Dust Woman"
First Encore: "World Turning"
Second Encore: "Silver Springs" (My favorite!)
Wow! As you can tell our seats were kinda far away...but it was still amazing...and thank goodness for jumbo video screens! :)

No comments: