Friday, May 28, 2010

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?

"Don't worry, it will be no big deal, you'll probably get out of it."
"Its your civic duty."
BLAH BLAH BLAH!
I kept hearing this leading up to today because I was dreading my jury duty summons. But all of you who told me it wouldn't be a big deal were wrong. WAY WRONG! Not only did I get selected (they hardly dismissed ANYONE!), but I got selected to be on the Nevada State Grand Jury. And not just the grand jury but a "special grand jury," which happens to meet at the court house downtown from 8:00AM - 5:00PM every single Tuesday for the next 3 years. Yes, you read that right THREE YEARS! And the only way you get out of it and they call on one of the alternates is if you a.) move out of the state or b.) Die. Nice, huh?
Oh and did I mention I can't work on that day now and only get paid $40 a day?
And I am one of 50 people (including the 27 alternates) chosen out of 2.5 million people in the system. I've never been that "lucky" in my entire life...maybe I SHOULD start gambling...as the kids are saying these days...FML!

No comments: