Saturday, May 15, 2010

Unrest

"When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others."

Today I begin my quest to bring more peace to my life. With several outside influences bringing stress and unrest to my life I am at the point where I am feeling overwhelmed and frustrated and worse, becoming someone I don't want to be. I don't want to be grouchy. I don't want to be short tempered. I don't want little things to bother me. I don't want to hate. Life is too short for all of this. I realized this when I was home helping my Dad and I don't want to waste time having a bad day and letting myself forget it. The people around me deserve a more peaceful me as well. I may dislike living in Las Vegas, but I love living in our little apartment with my amazing husband. He deserves to have a happy go lucky loving wife at home. I may dislike my job, but the people I work with could be worse. They deserve to have a patient boss and/or co-worker at work. I may dislike living so far away from my friends, but they deserve someone positive to talk to when they call or email. This is the person I want to be. This is the person that is at the heart of me. And when I am at peace with my world, this person shines through. I am well aware that I am a constant work in progress. I am always trying to better myself...to be a better wife, friend, daughter, sister, co-worker, etc. I can't do this if I am not at peace with my world and myself. Any suggestions anyone would like to offer on ways they achieve peace in their lives are always welcome. I know that I need to eliminate the relationships in my life that are bad for me. I know I need to continue to work on forgiving those who have done me wrong and stop holding grudges. I know I need to work with Spencer to remove us/myself from situations and places that don't give us peace about our life together. I know I need to stop letting peoples' words and hatred affect me and I need to stop taking it personally. I wonder what else I can do? In the meantime, be patient with me...I'll get there.

No comments: