After what looked and sounded like a very strong possibility that Spencer would be getting a job with a great company in a great city (Portland or Seattle), we have been knocked on our asses once again this year. After what totaled about 4 interviews and A LOT of bad communicating and back and forth and/or inability to make up one's mind (on behalf of the potential employer), we learned today that they would NOT be hiring Spencer. After a lot of unprofessional moves and strange promises not upheld, this information shouldn't be surprising, but it still was. And due to all the drama building up over the past month plus regarding this job we decided it best not to get our hopes up, but it was next to impossible not to, especially when it was our only option at the time. I am not angry that this company chose not to hire Spencer, but I am EXTREMELY angry at the way they handled the entire process, stringing him along as if they were just holding on to him in case nothing better came along. That isn't a way to treat someone that you say you like and potentially want to hire. I know everything happens for a reason and maybe this would have ended badly if he HAD gotten the job and I'm trying to see the silver lining, but knowing that I have to stay in this crap hole city for an unknown amount of time, not to mention having to continue to spend tons of money and travel for hours to see the people I love has caused me to lose all motivation for just about everything. I feel like all year I've been losing and am wondering when the hell it is my turn to win something. Spencer is taking it pretty well in my opinion but I know he doesn't feel good about the way he was treated and that makes me angry. So to sum up my mood right now, I'm pissed off. I'm not one to follow the stars or whatever, but my horoscope today says: "It's not easy to find your groove today because whatever you do, it feels like something's still wrong." Ya think? Just when we think we have a great plan for our future, we find out we were wrong. "Man plans, God Laughs." I should have known. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment