Friday, June 13, 2008
BEST 12 HOURS
Today we woke up to the waves crashing in on the coast just outside our window and a fresh kind of feeling...loving each other engaged instead of as just plain old boyfriend and girlfriend! :) We headed further up the coast to Newport to go to the aquarium there and had tons of fun! Its such a cute aquarium, very nicely put together and educational. Here are just a few pictures:Me in the tank with the Look Downs! :) 
Spencer touching a crazy Sea Cucumber 
My first real life Sunflower Sea Star was bigger than I imagined they could be! And SO SOFT! 
Spencer's buddy...a Harbor Seal of course! :) 
Spencer's head in a Megladon's mouth!!! 
I'm an old school Scuba diver!
Leaving Newport, heading back to Eugene through the mountains!
Now, despite all the great fun Spencer and I had in Newport and at the aquarium, and all the excitement from getting engaged yesterday, all day today I was a little on edge. Today was the last day that the sale on my house in Tampa could go through. If it didn't happen by the end of the day today, I would have had to decide whether to give these buyers another month and try again or put the house back on the market and start over all together. I kept looking at my phone all day long. Nothing. So I decided that I was going to call my real estate agent on the way home from the coast. Spencer convinced me to wait until we got halfway back to Eugene which I had to do anyway because I had absolutely no service on my phone. As we got out of the mountains, I grabbed my phone to check what time it was and I had received a voice mail while I was out of service. I was so nervous to listen to it because I had a good feeling it was my agent, but a bad feeling she had bad news for me. HOWEVER, she said, "Heather I just finished the closing, they have the keys and you no longer own a house, its all over!" AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so excited I undid my seat belt and started jumping up and down in the car! Almost exactly 12 hours after I got engaged, I got even luckier and sold my house! Life is so good and I am so lucky. THANK YOU to Sherry for being an incredible real estate agent and working so hard. THANK YOU to Spencer for putting up with all the house B.S. Even though it was never his problem to begin with, he was so incredibly supportive. And THANK YOU to every one who's fingers were crossed or were praying for me or sending positive thoughts that way! I have a fiance and the hugest weight off of my shoulders and I am SO HAPPY! :) WOOHOO! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment