Sunday, June 29, 2008
Convict Lake
Spencer I just returned from a very quick, scenic, curvy, hot drive to Bishop, California for his cousin Devin's wedding yesterday! Although our trip got off to a rough start with lack of sleep and unnecessary roads built into and curving excessively through a mountain range for an hour, it was worth it! We got there and met up with Spencer's parents and drove to the wedding site, called Convict Lake, which is apparently where the Nature Valley Granola Bar commercial was filmed (I couldn't tell if that was a joke or the truth). We got there early enough that we had time to hike around the lake a little bit. It was very dramatic and majestic!
After our hike, we changed in the car and/or port-a-potties along the trail and headed to the wedding which was really beautiful!
Now let me just say, I feel very lucky on a pretty regular basis. I have a decent family myself...they are all loving in their own ways and very fun to be around and I'm glad I know them all as well as I do! I have a roof over my head and an amazing man to share it and the rest of my life with. I am also lucky because Spencer's family has really welcomed me in to their family from the start and made me feel right at home with them and I adore them. NOW...now that I have gotten a chance to meet even more of Spencer's extended family I feel VERY lucky that I am about to be a part of such a great group of people. I had a blast meeting each O'Neill that I met at the wedding and making connections and laughing and having fun with them! They are crazy just like my family and I love it! I can't wait for all of our aunts to meet each other one day! It will be OUT of control! :)

Spencer and I with his lovely Grandmary:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment