Tonight was date night! Spencer and I went to Ricardo's Mexican Restaraunt (however, we did NOT see the live taco maker as advertised...maybe because we didn't order tacos???), and then went to The Orleans for the Transiberian Orchestra concert. The music was great but HOLY LIGHTS! I had to close my eyes most of the show because they were so bright and crazy. Even my luminary professional of a husband was in awe. It was incredible. I was also elated to discover that one of the newest members of the orchestra is a former Journey member (Jeff Scott Soto). He actually sang lead vocals (as an almost identical sounding replacement to Steve Perry) at the Journey concert I saw in Tampa a few years ago. Its fitting since these musicians seem to be 80's hair band members who play mostly Christmas music. They even swing their hair around like crazy while singing and playing their instruments. It was really entertaining and got us in to the Christmas spirit. That, and the live singer at Ricardo's singing Feliz Navidad almost the entire time we were there! :)Saturday, December 5, 2009
Transiberian Orchestra
Tonight was date night! Spencer and I went to Ricardo's Mexican Restaraunt (however, we did NOT see the live taco maker as advertised...maybe because we didn't order tacos???), and then went to The Orleans for the Transiberian Orchestra concert. The music was great but HOLY LIGHTS! I had to close my eyes most of the show because they were so bright and crazy. Even my luminary professional of a husband was in awe. It was incredible. I was also elated to discover that one of the newest members of the orchestra is a former Journey member (Jeff Scott Soto). He actually sang lead vocals (as an almost identical sounding replacement to Steve Perry) at the Journey concert I saw in Tampa a few years ago. Its fitting since these musicians seem to be 80's hair band members who play mostly Christmas music. They even swing their hair around like crazy while singing and playing their instruments. It was really entertaining and got us in to the Christmas spirit. That, and the live singer at Ricardo's singing Feliz Navidad almost the entire time we were there! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment