Today I am thankful for so many things, but this year I learned more than ever, that when it comes down to it, family is everything and while everyone's definition of family is different, I am beyond thankful for mine this year. I am thankful for my Mom, who is an incredibly strong woman...who took care of my Dad with grace and love this past year and still managed to be her usual self, giving and giving until she has nothing left to give and then giving some more. She has a heart of gold. I am thankful for my Dad, who is no longer in pain and watching over me always and forever in my heart, who taught me the important lessons of unconditional love and forgiveness and was an incredible example of strength and courage to me. I am thankful for my two beautiful sisters Brandy and Lauren, although one likes me more than the other does I am glad for the important lessons they have taught me this year both good and bad. I am thankful for my two wonderful brothers who have big hearts and work hard for their families and for their wives who make our family complete. I am extremely thankful to be an aunt to my adorable nephews and nieces who make my heart bigger because I love them SO MUCH! I am thankful for my in-laws, all the O'Neills, who have welcomed me into their family and loved me as their own since the day they met me. And of course for all of my extended family, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. who have been there for me in ways beyond measure this year in particular, as well as all the friends who I count as family who have done the same. Most importantly, I am thankful for my amazing husband who has stayed by my side through thick and thin, who loves me more than I ever thought I deserved to be loved, and who makes my life a complete, warm, and happy place. My heart is full today and always because of the incredible people in my life and for that I am grateful.
~Heather
I am thankful for a life filled with warmth and understanding, trial and tribulation, reward and happiness. I am thankful for my wonderful wife who has always put others before herself, sacrificing sanity, patience, and sympathy to do everything she can to be loving and supporting to her family, friends and even people I wouldn't ever recognize if they were staying in my house. I am thankful for my job and co-workers who are always filled with energy and warmth and a sense of camaraderie that makes every day a new and exciting adventure. I am thankful for a place to live that is warm and cozy and filled with lazy energy and a happy atmosphere. Finally I am thankful for all the people in the world who keep a positive outlook and retain faith in the basic goodness of humanity, even when some people are just not good.
Thank you to all and bring on the pie
-Spencer
And we're pretty sure Tank is thankful for his new snuggly doggie bed, his frozen peanut butter bone, and the fact that Spencer shared some Thanksgiving dinner with him, Noelle is thankful for bugs and Spencer's lap, and Layla is thankful for Noelle, hiding spots, and the fact that Heather left yarn out for her to play with last night.
Our Thanksgiving:



"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow." ~Melody Beattie
Happy Thanksgiving!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment