As of 4:00PM this afternoon, I now longer have to deal with Starbucks B.S. ever again...unless I choose to be a customer there. My 4 hour shift was surreal...it didn't feel like my last day until I clocked out and proclaimed "I am no officially unemployed" with a huge smile on my face and then promptly got goodbye hugs from the only 4 people who MAY have not minded working with me. (You know you're miserable at a job when the people you work with are miserable while working with you...sad...that's how I knew it was time to go.) I miss my nice, patient, non-stressed (well, less stressed) self and I hope I can find her again in the days, weeks, months, years, whatever it takes to recover, ahead. Nobody can truly understand how abusive customers are unless you experience it first hand. Of course there are some regulars that I loved and have even found friends in, but the majority of the people I had to deal with there day to day, customers, co-workers, and supervisors alike made me feel like absolute shit and I'm really looking forward to hopefully feeling good about myself again.
On that note, everyone keeps asking me what I'm doing next. Absolutely nothing. Well, that's not true. Stay-at-home-wife, domestic goddess, homemaker, call it what you want, but I will be spending my time perfecting my cooking, baking, sewing, cleaning, and laundering skills. When I say this most people think I'm crazy, but I have so many things I want to do and never had the motivation do attempt them after a wretched day at work (at any job really) and so I can't wait. I have lists and lists of things I am hoping to accomplish in my "free time." But more importantly, I love my husband and we are a team. And when one half of this team (my half) is stressed or cranky or whatever, I don't have the motivation to take care of anything else around me which in turn stresses out the other half of this team making it cranky as well. So I'm looking forward to taking care of myself, taking care of my husband and our home, and making the "team" as happy as it can possibly be. And when I get bored, I'll figure out what's next, but for now, I have plenty to do and the days aren't long enough, I'm sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment