Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Why I'm NOT Voting Today

I am the first to admit, I have a strong dislike for politics. Partly because I don't understand it and partly because I don't care, particularly about the fate of the state of Nevada because a.) I hate it, and b.) I don't plan to be here much longer. This blog is strictly my opinionated opinions. It is not based on fact, it is based on my own personal research and experiences (which may or may not be based on fact, hence my disclaimer.) Just as I have and should be thankful for the right to vote, I also have and am thankful for the right to choose not to vote. And though my reasoning in some cases (or all cases) may not be very educated or smart reasons, they are, nonetheless, MY REASONS. And I can promise you that my reasons for NOT voting and NOT liking these candidates are probably better and more educated than most peoples' reasons FOR voting for one or more of these candidates. I would also like to put a little disclaimer in here, however necessary or unnecessary it may be, that I am not a terrorist, nor do I have any intention of bringing harm to the shitty state of Nevada or any of its political leaders, I am just stating my reasons for not voting so that my friends who condemn me for not voting can see the lack of options I have to choose from, in my humble opinion. (That disclaimer is for those of you who were concerned that I might get arrested for writing this blog...bahahahahaha. But just in case, I'm only using initials of candidates.) I simply don't care about the state of Nevada because I am disgusted by it and I just want to leave it as soon as possible. Simple as that. Now, on with the blogging...

In the race for governor we have R R (D) vs. B S (R).
R R's BEST campaign commercial included Las Vegas Mayor O G and "his showgirls" endorsing him for several reasons, my favorite being that besides being good at various aspects of politics "he's sexy." O G, by the way, is the same mayor who said President Barack Obama was no longer welcome in the city of Las Vegas because in one of his speeches he used an example that if you don't have any money, you shouldn't go gambling in Las Vegas and apparently THAT statement put this city's economy in financial ruin causing all the foreclosures, jobs lost, bankruptcies, etc. here. But I'm glad to know that his showgirls are by his side at apparently any price however. And this was not even a bashing commerical AGAINST R R...this was a commercial paid for by HIS OWN campaign. Pathetic. Although, of all the people running, he does have the highest fundraising...probably because he is such an ass kisser with no apparent real plan or campaign platform that I can see from my research. The only good thing I ever heard him say he wanted to do was fix the scandalous and corrupt UMC Medical Centers that have lost something like $70 million in the past year...The "high quality treatment" I received there would send me running for the hills if I were on my death bed before I'd return to any of their facilities. RIDICULOUS! I'm surprised I don't have some disease that I contracted from a re-used IV needle or that my personal health history and information hasn't been published in the newspaper yet. But I digress...

B S is one of those guys who says one thing, but leaves a lot of gray area or wiggle room if you will, so that he isn't so much committed to it 100%. For example, he's apparently been totally back and forth on taxes, basically to the point where he doesn't want to increase taxes for businesses because they can't afford it in these tough times, but in order to help save the state money, he is seemingly happy to lay off teachers and state employees. At this point, I could care less about state employees...the DMV already has lines out the door and screws up SOMETHING every time we go there, and I'm already forced to work basically for free at the court house once a week because it is my "civic duty" so whatever. But lay off teachers? Does anyone know how craptastic the schools in this state are already? How much of a shortage of teachers there are currently? But yes, lets lay off more so each teacher can have like 60 students in their class. While you're at it, cut education budgets in half (something else he plans to do to save money) so the few teachers we DO have can't do their jobs properly due do lack of funding. As if students in Las Vegas/Nevada could be any dumber. Maybe parents should just stop sending their kids to school altogether...would that save more money? The kids would probably turn out better in some cases. But whatever his stance is on the situation, he appears to waffle back and forth...apparently his strategy is to make it sound like he is going to please whoever it is he is talking to at the moment to win votes and then when the time comes later, he'll explain how he ACTUALLY meant this instead of that. He says what he thinks should happen, but gives NO detail on how he's going to make it happen. Its been quoted that he speaks in "glittering generalities." WHAT-ever. I don't trust him.
Which loser shall I vote for? The one who has a douchebag mayor and his showgirls promoting him on lame ass television commercials or the guy who can't make up his mind what he's doing and who he's doing it for? Hmmmmmm....NOBODY!

In the race for Congress we have D T (D) and J H (R).
Oh my GOD!
Ok, let's start with D T. Aside from having the most OBNOXIOUS voice of anyone on ANY campaign commercial or pretty much of anyone I have ever encountered in my entire life, she STILL makes my skin crawl. She was an absolute pro at ripping into her opponent J H....not that he didn't deserve most of it, but still...one too many rip fests makes me hate you more than the person you're ripping on. The only quote I remember hearing repeatedly about her is that "D T rode the Obama wave all the way to Washington" which is apparently how she got her seat in Congress in 2008...so what? Obama doesn't have nearly as many loyal fans as he did at that time, so now what's she gonna do? According to all her criticisms, she is using the same bashing techniques and the same platform techniques she did when she ran for Congress in 2008 because she won....so much for change....she also voted against Obama's healthcare overhaul, which I am kind of for...but regardless, I will admit, I don't have much on her...unfortunately for this blog, her opponent didn't put up many bashing commercials against her so I don't know why she sucks. I just know that if I hear her annoying voice one more time, I'm going to drive to the Hoover Dam and jump off of that new bridge.

As for J H, excuse me DOCTOR J H, my biggest beef with him is that he seems pretty dumb about the common things in the world. Here is an example: he is apparently against the vaccine for the prevention of cervical cancer because "if women didn't engage in risky behavior they wouldn't need the vaccine." He's a doctor for God's sake. (Not that my faith in doctors is very big as many of you may know.) You don't get cervical cancer by engaging in risky behavior. I mean, I'm sure some people contract HPV (which can lead to cervical cancer) by engaging in risky behavior but that is a whole other issue. If this guy truly believes that, he is a moron. Plain and simple. He also wants to abolish the Department Of Homeland Security and the Department of Education. WHY? To save money I presume. You already know how I feel about the education system in this state, but now the Department of Homeland Security?! REALLY?! That's gonna go over well...especially when every time you turn around someone has a bomb on an airplane or is condemning someone for "looking like a terrorist." But ok, good idea...because we need more fear in this country. As a side note he also apparently took contributions from insurance companies for his campaign and what not and then voted to deny the insurance claims of injured cops to save the insurance companies money in return. Don't even GET ME STARTED on how I feel about the corrupt insurance companies!!!!! And as a final note, according to D T, "J H has no integrity." Because I believe everything D T says......
Which of these losers shall I vote for? The lady with the annoying voice or the dumb doctor? Hmmmmmm....NO ONE!

In the race for Senator we have H R (D) and S A (R).
This one has the WORST options. You have to go with the lesser of two evils which is quite obvious to most, but STILL! As far as the Senate is concerned, the state of Nevada is surely doomed.
First we have H R. He is apparently hearts the illegal aliens. He has been alleged to have given illegal aliens tax breaks and social security. He also voted against, AGAINST English being our nation's primary language. I can't help but wonder what languages, if any, he speaks fluently aside from English since he is "as white as they come." According to his opponent S A, H R is all about the bailouts and wreckless spending and won't be Nevadans back to work...even though she claims its not her job as a Senator to create jobs, so I guess she won't be putting Nevadans back to work either, pot calling the kettle black, no? ANYWAY, H R also used over $3 million of the government's money and funnel it to big companies who made big donations to his campaign. But perhaps my favorite bashing against him stated that he used tax dollars to provide prescription medication to prisoners, which included, but was not limited to Viagra for those imprisoned because they were sex offenders. LOVELY.

Now we move on to S A. I already mentioned she is quoted as saying that it is not her job to create jobs for Nevadans although she criticized her opponent for the exact same thing. She said she doesn't want to provide jobs for the unemployed because they are lazy. She not only doesn't want to create any jobs for the state but she is also for giving tax breaks to companies that shit jobs overseas. Ummm hello? What? She also apparently provided some kind of ridiculous prescriptions for prisoners with tax payers money, but I don't know much about that. She wants to privatize the VA. She believes that rape victims should be forced to have their babies and "make lemons into lemonade." She wants to phase out social security and medicare but lives off of her husband's pension from the Bureau of Land Management and has government health insurance for the rest of her life. She wants to ban mandatory background checks on people who work with kids (probably so she can get those sex offenders their Viagra easier?) because she says it is an invasion of their privacy. And to top it off she is a complete and utter moron. She paints this horrible picture of her opponent H R being the "best friend" of shadowy, fence-climbing brown people in one of her bashing commercials on television. During a speech she gave at a local, mostly Latino Las Vegas high school, a student asked her about her campaign's obvious portrayal of Hispanics and her views on anti-immigration. She is quoted as saying the following( (me paraphrasing a newspaper article): "I think that you're misinterpreting those commercials. I'm not sure that those are Latinos in that commercial. What it is, is a fence, and there are people coming across that fence. What we know is that our northern border is where the terrorists came through." (Hmmm...the 9/11 terrorists? They climbed fences ...and were from Canada?) She also added, "I don't know that all of you are Latino. Some of you look a little more Asian to me." (WTF?! WHO SAYS THAT in ANY situation?!) And in an attempt to save her sorry ass, she finished with, "What we know about ourselves is we are a melting pot in this country. My grandchildren (some of whom are half-Hispanic) are evidence of that. I've been called the first Asian legislator in the Nevada Assembly." (Asian? Another one whose as white as they come...and if some of her grandchildren are half-Hispanic, how did she get to be Asian?) I had to read that article over and over again to make sure I read right. Wow. The author of the newspaper article said he suspected she was Martian. I suspect he meant to say MORON. As if the stuff I listed BEFORE the quotes wasn't enough! Not only is she stupid, but she is extreme and hypocritical. So much so in fact, that even well-known Republican business men and women have a commercial on television urging other Republicans to vote for H R, the democratic candidate. How sad.
Do I really have to ask who you think I'm going to vote for on this one? NO ONE!

Also, to further prove to you that while I may not know much, I know a little bit more than most Nevadans who SHOULD NOT be voting, some guy named T B who is running for Attorney General spent time in jail for harassing women and apparently only won the primary because no one knew who he was. Awesome.

Again, I am not claiming any of my reasons stated above as complete fact. I am just stating them as the reasons why I am choosing not to vote. That combined with the hundreds of horrible bullying commercials, 57 fliers I found in my mailbox in the past 2 weeks alone (yes I counted...tree killers much?) and the ENDLESS phone calls from all kinds of random numbers as early as 6:30AM and as late as 10:45PM totaling 74 phone calls (yes I saved them in my phone so that I could count them today), some of which, in the past two days came 6 or 7 consecutive phone calls from the same number 1 minute or less apart....tell me HOW any of that makes me want to vote for you...LEAVE ME ALONE!

My mommy always told me "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." I'm going with that lesson today...I think all the options suck, therefore, I'm not wasting my time voting (or not voting) for any of them. (Although I know my harsh criticisms in this blog are not exactly following mommy's advice. Ha ha.)

So, to sum up, NO I didn't vote today. NO I'm not going to. And NO I don't feel bad about it.

"I don't even leave the house on election day, so I have all the right to complain as loud as I want about the mess you caused that I had nothing to do with." ~George Carlin
The End.

No comments: