Last night I couldn't sleep. I usually can't. I start out sleeping on my left side, then switch to my back, then to my right, then back to my left and then I finally realize I can't fall asleep without cuddling Spencer. As I lay there with my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat and feeling his chest move up and down as he fell into a deeper sleep, I was overcome with a sense of overwhelming blessing. Although my lying on his chest hearing his heartbeat was keeping me from falling asleep, I was so thankful that I could hear it beating. So lucky to be able to lie next to the man that I love every night. And at the same time, my heart was breaking for people I love who don't have that same luxury, particularly my mom who is learning to sleep alone for the first time in 37 years. There are so many people who are alone and even in my loneliest moments, I am blessed to fall asleep (eventually) next to the most wonderful man I know and the best thing that has ever happened to me. So, I thought I'd take this moment to count my blessings and remember what I was thinking about last night as I drifted off to sleep.
1 comment:
I've heard many women complain about how the man they love snores like a buzz-saw and kept them from sleeping, or how it sends them to another room to sleep. They're blessed Heather, to have someone that they love sleeping next to them, just as you are. I wouldn't care how loud he snored :-|
Post a Comment