Not only were our new seats comfortable close to the ground, but they were only 10 rows from the stage, PERFECT seats. And the show was amazing. We had a great time!
Friday, July 16, 2010
On The Look Out....
So our gift to my mom for a very belated Mother's Day were tickets to see Jersey Boys. We were also going to take her to see Love again or a different Cirque du Soleil show, but all the seats that we could get were high up in the theater and Mom is REALLY afraid of heights, so just Jersey Boys it was. When Spencer took me to see Jersey Boys in February for my birthday, we sat near the back on the floor. We got to the show about 15 minutes late, so I never saw the theater lit up before and left immediately after the show. So to my knowledge and eyes there was no balcony/high seats. So when purchasing Mom's Jersey Boys tickets there weren't many options left (yes, I'm guilty of waiting until the last minute) so I took whatever was "best available." We picked up our tickets and I told Mom, "I'm sorry if these aren't the best seats." I wasn't thinking they would be HIGH seats, just not awesome seats. The moment the last word came out of my mouth my heart sunk into my gut, especially as I turned around and saw lots and lots of stairs under the sign pointing to the section we were seated in...and I realized they were TOTALLY high up. I tried not to freak out, but with each step up I could see Mom's face getting more and more nervous. So I told her to stay out here and I would ask the usher if I could go see the seats before we sat down. I walked a little bit ahead of her and as I handed the usher my tickets, before I could even say a word, he was like, "would you guys like to sit closer? On the lower level?" THANK THE LORD! I couldn't say yes fast enough and it took all I had to refrain from actually getting down on the floor and kissing his feet. But instead all I said was, "Yes please my mom is so afraid of heights and we were just about to leave." He just laughed, wrote our new seat assignments on our tickets and had absolutely no idea how much he had just save me! We turned around and walked right back down the stairs and as we did I said to my mom, "Oh my goodness that was amazing those seats were so high Mom someone was looking out for us!" And without hesitation Mom said, "Ahhh, thank you Joe!" (My dad.) Believe in fate, believe in God, believe in Karma, believe in whatever you want. It may have been one or all of those things that helped me out tonight, but I much prefer to think my Dad was watching over us...shaking his finger at me saying, "Yeah Peanut, you should have known better" and laughing at Mom for being "such a chicken."
Not only were our new seats comfortable close to the ground, but they were only 10 rows from the stage, PERFECT seats. And the show was amazing. We had a great time!
Not only were our new seats comfortable close to the ground, but they were only 10 rows from the stage, PERFECT seats. And the show was amazing. We had a great time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment