Belinda Carlisle~You might know her from such musical acts as The Go Go's or "Heaven Is A Place On Earth." She is clearly much older and much loopier now. She moves like a grandma during MOST of her dance, but she still has her "Go-Go moments" I doubt she'll win, especially because she was the first to cry, but she'll last a little while I think. I didn't vote for her this week.
David Alan Grier~A comedian who's work I am not very familiar with, although I am not too interested in his comedy because he canNOT be serious on this show for one second and it annoys me. His poor partner Kym (who Spencer knew once upon a time) doesn't know what to make of him. Luckily, he's a pretty good dancer which surprised me. I voted for him tonight but he better stop annoying me soon.
Shawn Johnson~Olympic gymnast who my cousins were pretty much obsessed with this past summer during the Olympics and I couldn't stand, has won my heart already. And not just because her dance partner is my crush Mark Ballas. Although that helps. She's cute, she's not scrawny skinny, and she's a good little dancer! I didn't pay attention long enough to know if she won any gold metals last summer, but she has a good chance of winning that trophy, I think. I voted for her TWICE tonight! :)
Lil' Kim~I only know her from the Lady Marmalade video with Christina Aguilera. And I do believe she said something about being in prison in week one??? Whatever, despite her big booty and boobies (which she has talked about after BOTH of her dances), she can move. It doesn't hurt her that she is partners with the judges FAVORITE choreographer/dancer Derek Hough, but whatever. Bruno also seems to have a crush on her...or her booty at least. She has a good chance of staying for awhile. I voted for her tonight but I'm not sure how long I'll be able to tolerate her annoying laugh.
Holly Madison~One of my least favorite "stars," the girl-next-door/girlfriend of Criss Angel was a last minute replacement for Jewel who was one of the first to injure herself before week one. She had significantly less time to practice with her partner than the rest of these stars during week one, so even though she sucked last week, I gave her the benefit of the doubt this week. She still sucked. Ok, ok, ok, I don't like her, so I'm kinda biased. She DID do better this week than last, but she's not good on her feet...she's probably better on another part of her body being a playboy bunny and all, but I won't go there. I didn't vote for her...and probably won't. I doubt she'll last long...Sorry Holly.
Gilles Marini~Nobody knows this guy for anything unless maybe you saw the Sex and the City movie. He was the sizzling hot naked outdoor shower guy that was Samantha's next door neighbor. He's not naked, but he is still sizzling hot as a dancer, which he says he has NO experience in. He did great both weeks and I think he'll go a long way not only because of that but also because a.) he's hot, b.) Carrie Ann practically pees herself during his dances, c.) he's hot, d.) the women in the audience all give him standing ovations after his dances...if they can stand up that is, e.) he's hot. Even though his partner is my LEAST FAVORITE dancer Cheryl Burke, I voted for him tonight...and will continue to as long as he is on the show, which I hope is for awhile...did I mention he's hot? :)
Ty Murray~Rodeo star and Jewel's husband who I'd never heard of before he was on this show. My first reaction to him was EW! But he has warmed my heart. He's the shyest, cutest, dancing bow-legged cowboy I have ever seen. He sucked last week because he was all embarrassed since his cowboy buddies were in the audience, but this week he rocked the Quick Step with a huge smile on his face which put a smile on mine. He should be able to keep on improving and make it far on this show. That is, if Jewel doesn't kick his cute little partner's ass first. ;) He got 2 votes from me tonight!
Steve-O~Jackass. No really, he was on that show with Johnny Knoxville. I had ZERO hopes for this guy and was sure he'd be the first one kicked off before I even saw him dance. Boy was I wrong about his skills though. He is actually a very positive guy (fresh out of rehab) and did an amazing Waltz last week. This week all we got to see was his dress rehearsal because he got injured during it and couldn't dance on the show, so they had to judge him by that, which I think sucks. He was supposed to do the Salsa tonight and he decided to add some of his jackass-ness into it and I think that's what got him injured. But I want to see more of him since his first dance impressed me so much and I think he could do well, and I love his partner Lacey...so I voted for him twice!
Denise Richards~This woman has disturbed me ever since "Wild Things." Then I watched her reality tv show about her life one night and she put the icing on my disturbed cake because she is a psycho whack job. She's an ok dancer, but I hope she doesn't make it too far because I can't bear to watch her. I even tried tonight and I couldn't. So I didn't vote for her.
Melissa Rycroft~As soon as I found out this girl was Nancy O'Dell's replacement, I thought for sure she would get the sympathy vote. She was just freshly dumped by her short-lived fiance The Bachelor who is now the most hated man in America, I'm sure and she had less than 48 hours to meet her partner, cute Tony, and learn her dance. I thought she'd suck more than Holly Madison with all that drama, but nope, she's probably the best dancer on the entire show and she's also my pick to win the whole thing! I voted for her twice tonight and I give this girl credit. She gives it all she's got with a huge smile on her face and kicks some ass while doing so!
Lawrence Taylor~NFL football player for the Giants...well I think he has to be retired from football because he seems pretty old. He sort of reminds me of my dad minus the hobbly leg. Anyway, he's not bad, but he's slower and not as good as the football players that have been on this show in the past. He's no Jason Taylor and he's definitely no Warren Sapp, but I do have a soft spot for the football stars on this show, so I'm gonna stick with him. The judges seem to like him too. So of course he got my vote tonight and I think he'll be around for awhile.
Chuck Wicks~Country music star who I have never heard of and dating his partner Julianne Hough, who is my favorite female dancer on this show and also a country music singer I enjoy. I'm hot and cold on this guy though. I love love love Julianne and they seem like a cute couple, but he doesn't seem happy to be there, like he's just doing the show to appease her and maybe help one or both of their singing careers. She seems really into him on the other hand. I think dancing together will either make or break their relationship. So they will either fight too much, suck it up, and get kicked off sooner than later, or they will win and he will propose to her at the end of the season. I don't know. But because I love Julianne, even though their first dance was just ok and tonight's was less than ok, I voted for them twice!
Steve Wozniak~Oh poor, huge, icky, sweaty, jolly, determined, positive Steve. He is the co-founder of Apple...and that kinda says it all. He tries so hard and always has a smile on his face, but he's so awful. And his partner tried to be positive last week but you could just tell she was miserable this week. I admire his perseverance and positive attitude and the constantly smile on his face, but I did not vote for him at all, mostly because I can't bear to watch him anymore and I want to put Karina out of her misery. He is also my pick for first one kicked off the show. We'll find out tomorrow...sorry Steve.So there you have it folks. Oh. One more thing:

1 comment:
Holy Cow...I could not have put it better. I have never been a big fan of the show until this year. And, you said exactly what I have been thinking...about everyone...from whacko Denise to the lovely Melissa....and by the way...I love Ty. Have for years. I love seeing a big bull rider up there trying to dance. Makes me smile!
Post a Comment