Saturday, March 28, 2009

Spencer's Birthday

We celebrated today in a relaxing, chill way, just as Spencer requested (even though I wanted to go back to Disneyland!!!!). He worked today (even though I wanted him to take the day off!), and then when he got home, he opened his presents from me (8 James Bond Movies and a book! Woohoo!) Then we headed off to the movies to see "I Love You, Man" which was really funny. After the movie we went to a new restaurant at our favorite place, Town Square, called Brio. It was Italian food and it was really great (except for our strange waiter, but whatever). After dinner we headed back home to watch a James Bond movie and have Spencer's favorite dessert, homemade apple pie. The pie turned out great and I had this brilliant idea to put candles in it and sing before we ate it. But of course you want to eat an apple pie warm, so I had to work quickly. I immediately put the candles in and as I was lighting them, for some reason, they were tipping over onto the pie. I couldn't figure it out until I pulled one out to try to fix it...The pie was so hot, it was melting the candles from the bottom up...oops! So I took them out quickly and laid them on the pan, lit one on the pan for Spencer to blow out, sang quickly, and there you have it! At least the pie was good!
Happy happy birthday to you Spence!

No comments: