Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Progress

As many of you know, Layla is a bitch. And she has been since the day I rescued her from the jaws of a lazy tiger. We have tried everything right, everything wrong, and in some cases the unimaginable, to get this cat to like us, or at the very least not hiss and/or run away when we move and/or look in her general direction. Her favorite spots to hide are on the dining room chair hidden by the table cloth, under the entertainment center where we can't reach to get her, in the laundry closet (a door which she has figured out how to open all by herself) where she thinks we don't know she is chillin', and under the spare room bed. Usually when I am sitting at my computer which is next to the bed in the spare room, SOMETIMES, if she thinks I'm not looking, she will BOLT through the doorway past me to get to safety under the bed. But just now when I turned around to get up and look for something, I caught her laying behind me on the bed, and in a semi-vulnerable position even. And when I turned around she didn't even MOVE or try to escape my evil-ness! She just looked at me like this:
I call that progress.

No comments: